Woohoooo. Who’s happy it’s Friday?!
For those of you who have not inspected the new FridayPuppy site and seen my little bio, my name is Nina Young. Yes, I am double fisting beer in my photo, and no, I cannot promise that there won’t be a post or two that I compose after consuming a couple martinis. After all, Matt is my boss.
I have been given full rein of Fridays. They are mine, all mine, which means that Fridays are going to be awesome. I will give away really great prizes and post really cute photos of your pups. I am not limiting myself to a specific format to Fridays. There will be some weeks where you, our readers, will have total control of who wins FridayPuppy. Others, I will pick for myself. But like I said before, Fridays are going to be fun and they will ALWAYS involve puppies and prizes.
With that said, I do have some rules for Fridays:
1. Please, please, please! Before clicking the ‘send’ button ask yourself a couple of questions:
* Is this photo of my adorable pooch clear and crisp? -I cannot tell you how many blurry photos we get here at FridayPuppy.
* Is there anything in this photo that people may not want to see when looking at my cuddly furball? i.e. A pair of pale, gnarly feet, or a stack of dirty dishes. -You would be surprised at the things we see in some of these backgrounds.
2. Always remember to include your furry friends name, hometown and state. If they are not included I without a doubt will make up a fake name or town- and it may not always be appropriate.
3. There is no ageism on FridayPuppy (or at least on Fridays). Puppy = any age in my mind. Your photo can be of your 3 month or 13 year old pup. Puppy is just much more fun to say and type than dog.
With all of this said, I will confess to you that I have gone in the FridayPuppy e-mail and deleted most of the puppy photos that were there. It felt like it was necessary to start from scratch. So, if you had previously sent in a photo, and your pup had never been featured on FridayPuppy, don’t get upset and take offense. Its simply because I am a bit of a control freak and needed a clean slate to start from. Remember the rules listed and send in another photo of your pup.
The photo above, and todays FridayPuppy winner, was one of the only exceptions to my OCD e-mail cleanse.
For those of you who previously followed FridayPuppy, or for anyone who knows Matt personally, knows that he has two dogs that fit this exact description. Black lab, fire red collar, absolutely adorable.
Niko and Frank both give me this identical look while I am trying to conquer my forever growing To Do List. The perked ears and the, “all I want is some love (or that turkey sandwich)” look in their eyes absolutely kills me. Frank often inserts a side head tilt and then it’s over, I am a pile of mush all over the floor. It’s not once or twice…they do this to me ALL day.
So the winner of this weeks FridayPuppy is Mosley because he is so freaking cute, and because he reminds me so much of
my Matt’s two little ones who I have grown to love so much. Congratulations Mosley- your cuteness has won your family one gift certificate from each of Matt’s four restaurants!