Congratulations to this week’s Friday Puppy, Buster Brown from Wynanstskill, NY, and owner John McEnerny… winners of a $25 Gift Certificate toÂ Bombers Burrito Bar,Â The Olde English PubÂ orÂ Wolff’s Biergarten.
We asked John some questions about Buster Brown, and this is what he had to say…
1. Â Why did you choose that name for your dog?Â We chose the name Buster because he reminded us of the Buster Brown dog from when we were kids.
2. Â How old is your dog? He’s 7 going on a puppy again.
3. Â Where did you get your dog?Â We adopted him from my partner’s sister so he didn’t end up being a fighting dog.Â With his disposition, he would have been killed… he’s a very gentle spirit.
4. Â What is your dog’s favorite treat to eat?Â HA!Â Anything he can….. seriously……Â but I would say carrots.
5. Â What is your dog’s worst habit?Â He’s a licker… LICKER – it says so in his chart (from Jennifer’s Body)
6. Â If your dog could speak, what would be his/her first sentence?Â I love you daddy, now where’s the food!
7. Â What is the worst thing your dog has ever done?Â On an old couch we had he decided to mark it repeatedly because we would not let him up on it.Â So when we were not home, he would get on the couch and have his way with it…
8. Â What kind of food do you give your dog?Â He’s an IAMS dog.Â Other foods upset his tummy.
9. Â Who is your dog’s best friend?Â His step sister Miss Lady.
10. Â Why is your dog the best dog ever?Â He’s the best dog ever because no matter what kind of day I am having, he’s there for me.Â He is a Pit Bull/Boxer mix, but thinks he’s a lap dog.Â He will make me feel better no matter what.Â I swear he’s part human!
11. Â Tell us a little story about your dog.Â When we first met Buster, he was just a little puppy.Â He lived with my partner Lyle’s sister in the house we would eventually buy and move into.Â One of the stipulations we had when we bought the house is he came with the house or no deal.Â We basically rescued him, because eventhough his sister adores animals, she didnt hang with the best crowd.Â We knew Buster would not have had a good life.Â I can’t believe that was seven years ago!Â He’s the most loving, caring dog I have ever had in my life.Â He knows when I am having a bad day and knows when I need some space.Â He initially was the “free gift with purchase”, but he is the most amazing part of my life.Â I am truly blessed to have him in my life.
Congratulations, John & Buster Brown!
To see your dog up on Friday Puppy, please send photo toÂ FridayPuppy@gmail.com