This week’s featured Friday Puppy is a handsome little devil named Duke from Colonie, NY.
We spoke his owner, Lisa Monsees, and asked her the Friday Puppy Questions, and this is what she had to say about Duke…
1. Â Why did you choose that name for your dog? He was already named when I rescued him.
2. Â How old is your dog? They estimate approximately two & a half years old.
3. Â Where did you get your dog? The Capital District Humane Association – I met him at one of their adoption clinics.
4. Â What is your dog’s favorite treat to eat? Beggin Littles & Pup-Peroni’s
5. Â What is your dog’s worst habit? His barking, it scares the crap out of me sometimes.
6. Â If your dog could speak, what would be his/her first sentence? WHY…are you making me do this…?
7. Â What is the worst thing your dog has ever done? Attacked my friend’s black lab & my sister’s rescued shih tzu..he has some possession issues we are working through.
8. Â What kind of food do you give your dog? Purina Pro Plan
9. Â Who is your dog’s best friend? Me & Grandpa, who he stays with sometimes
10. Â Why is your dog the best dog ever? He’s a rescue dog yet so well behaved – house & crate trained. My two nieces are iffy around dogs & because Duke is so relaxed, low key, & good around kids, he’s the perfect dog to help them get over their fear.
11. Â Tell us a little story about your dog. It is clear Duke was abused. It just takes him a little while/a few times to get used to new situations & new people, especially men. We took things slow so he could get used to his new home & know that he’s loved & that this will always be his home from now on. He’s gotten used to doggie day care & we’re frequenting the dog park where he’s starting to play with the other dogs & not tremble so much!
Awwwww. Â I love that his best friend is his grandpa. Â Nice to meet you, Duke. Â you just won Lisa a $25 Gift Certificate to Bombers Burrito Bar!
If you have a dog you would like to see on Friday Puppy, please send us a cute photo with the pup’s name and hometown to FridayPuppy@gmail.com