We are doing a new feature on Friday Puppy. Â (yes, another change. Â Next week it might be dogs and goats. Â who knows.)
We are featuring one special dog each Friday and that dog is the Friday Puppy.
I will ask the pup’s owners some questions about the dog, and share the answers with you.
Meet Reese. Â Your Friday Puppy for this week!
1. Why did you choose that name for your dog? When deciding on a name for this awesome dog I decided to follow the AKC guidelines of having 5 names for a dog, Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cup, Reese for short.Â His colors say it all. He is literally the colors of this candy.
2. How old is your dog? Reese is 4
3. Where did you get your dog? Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
4. What is your dog’s favorite treat to eat? Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter sauce
5. What is your dog’s worst habit? Barking when a leaf blowsÂ by front of the window, and anything else that walks by.
6. If your dog could speak, what would be his/her first sentence? “Get your butt off the couch and take me for a walk, would ya?”
7. What is the worst thing your dog has ever done? Chewed a bottle ofÂ prescription muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatoriesÂ and got admitted to the doggy ER for a week.
8. What kind of food do you give your dog? Pro Plan
9. Who is your dog’s best friend? Remey, our cat. Inseparable..
10. Why is your dog the best dog ever?
On March 9, 2011, Reese woke us up in the middle of the night by barking incessantly and crying at the stairs until someone woke up.Â Turns out that there were deadly amounts of carbon monoxide throughout our entire house and we could not hear the alarms going off because we had our AC (yes in March in NY)Â on.
The fire department and NIMO came to our house and we thankfully got out in time.Â The fire department told us if we hadn’t, we would have been dead within an hour.
Reese was featured on News Channel 10 for saving our lives and the lives of our 4 cats and himself.Â We are forever grateful to this amazing dog as we are alive today because of him.Â He is without a doubt the best dog in the world.
Congratulations, Reese on being this week’s Friday Puppy!