Let’s help Jumpin Jacks.

Aug 29, 2011 11 Comments

Jumpin Jacks in Scotia, NY

One of my absolute favorite places on earth is Jumpin Jacks in Scotia, NY.

When I was a student at Union College, and then an employee at GE in Schenectady, I would frequent Jumpin Jacks every spring for their delicious food and super cool old school drive-in atmosphere.

Sadly, Jumpin Jacks has been hit hard by the recent flooding, as you can see in the above photo.

In the past, Friday Puppy readers have been very generous in helping other local businesses when something unfortunate happens, and I’m hoping we might be able to spare a few dollars to help out our friends at Jumpin Jacks.

All I know is that insurance rarely covers everything, and some extra money from the community can always help out in ways we may not even realize.

As in the past, I have no idea what they will do with this money, and it is no concern of mine.  After a month or so, we will cut them a check with 100 % of the donations, no questions asked. And by giving money to this fundraiser, it is in no way requiring them to do anything specific with the money. (I hate that I have to get so “fine print-y” with all of this, but you know how some people get.)

Hang in there, Jumpin Jacks.

p.s. I do realize other businesses have been affected by the flood.  And it’s hard to help everyone :(  I’m not even sure what other organizations are offering donations to help with the flooding.  Any ideas and I’d be happy to post on here.

However, to help Jumpin Jacks, please click below…

Donation Amount?

Comments

• Pingback: Collar City becomes Waterworld: Troy, other municipalities not joking about Irene’s impact : Knickerbocker Ledger

• Karen
    Aug 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm

sentimental memories. was just there for the water ski show last week.

• Ali
    Aug 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I sent the link to one of my friends that was on the Water Ski Team, she’s passing it around to all of the water skiing people and their families! They of all people don’t want to lose Jumpin Jacks, it’s like a second home!

• Michael Urban
    Aug 30, 2011 at 4:12 am

Hope they get a lot of donations! Very sad – esp to those of us who have ‘grown up’ loving Jumpin’ Jacks! How sad!

• Rocky
    Aug 30, 2011 at 7:27 am

Many business do not have coverage for flooding unless the home or business owner specifically has a flood insurance policy! Please help whoever you can in what ever way you can!

• Pingback: Loss « FUSSYlittleBLOG

• Rocky
    Aug 30, 2011 at 9:33 am

Many businesses do not have coverage for flooding ubless the home or business owner specifically has flood insurance! Please help whoever you can in what ever way you can!

• Dave
    Aug 30, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Jumpin’ Jacks got most of their equipment out before the storm hit.

• Pingback: A Fantasy Evening — Capital District Fun

• Halloween Women Skirts
    Sep 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Hi, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, superb blog!