Thank you, Senator McDonald!

Jun 14, 2011 24 Comments

This is GREAT NEWS!!!

Both Senators who the Bombers billboard targeted for gay marriage support, Senator McDonald and Senator Alesi, have both publicly announced that they will now support the bill for same sex marriage!!

I can certainly speak for all LGBT people when I say we are so happy and so grateful for their support.

Thank you, Senators.

Comments

• Tammy P
    Jun 14, 2011 at 6:51 pm

That is so great! I can’t wait to hear that the bill has passed.

• Wow!
    Jun 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Matt, I believe you may have single-handedly assured passage of this bill by targeting these senators. You should be very proud of yourself. I am so, so, happy for the gay community that you may finally be able to share in the joy (and sometimes nightmare) of marriage! YAY! Fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

• Celeste
    Jun 14, 2011 at 8:59 pm

WOW!!!!!! Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!!!!! Fantastic! Thank you, Senators!!!

• Mi
    Jun 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Awesome! I think the billboard changed their minds ;)

• Kerosena
    Jun 14, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Great news. I think your billboard did a lot to raise public awareness, and who knows, maybe the awareness and outcry led to constituents calling their elected officials…which led them to truly evaluate their positions.

Equality For All!

• Claire Z
    Jun 14, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Woo hoo! Way to go Matt for getting the message out so they would listen!

• Katie
    Jun 14, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ed R
    Jun 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Great job Matt! You deserve a some credit for their change. Without you going out on a limb, who knows if they ever would’ve seen the light. Bravo!

• Flurries
    Jun 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Dude, you do cool things. I heard this and immediately thought of you (and all your peeps, of course) and your efforts. It gives me renewed faith in the great American “system” of democracy.
    + thanks for the hospitality this past Sat morn. The food fn rocks! and Mark is ok for a foreigner. Art in the Park was a good call. Hope to see you again at Oktoberfest, where Jack WILL repeat as Weiner dog Champ. Unless he gets caught in a sexting scandal and is forced to resign.

• Alan Bennett Ilagan
    Jun 15, 2011 at 7:08 am

And thank you, Matt, for proving that one person can make all the difference.

• B. J. Hart
    Jun 15, 2011 at 8:26 am

Wow! Matt’s billboard has spoken…thanks…do I have to take back the nasty things I said on the senators phone?

• Amy
    Jun 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

Thank you, Senators! And thank you, Matt!

• Erin
    Jun 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

Awesome news. There’s buzz that Friday is the big day!

I’m glad McDonald and Alesi came around. It bodes well for the Capital Region.

• Diana
    Jun 15, 2011 at 10:42 am

This is wonderful news! Great job Matt!

• Jill D
    Jun 15, 2011 at 11:05 am

YAY!!! Can’t wait for it to be official and get an invite to Matt’s wedding someday… also, bummed that I missed Sean Avery here in smAlbany NY- Love him almost as much as I love Matt!

• CSSM
    Jun 15, 2011 at 11:17 am

My comments only mirror what the comments before mine have said.
    I’m sure you had a hand in changing some closed minds.
    Thank you!

• Kate
    Jun 15, 2011 at 11:30 am

Great news Matt!! It really does prove that one person can make a big difference in this world. Hope it encourages more people to take a stand on issues that they are passionate about. Way to go!

• Lori
    Jun 15, 2011 at 11:42 am

I just have to say it again…I am so proud of you! Thank you for doing this!

• Aimee McNulty
    Jun 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Matt – I really think that NY may finally come out of the dark ages, and give all of their citizens the civil rights that they deserve, in large part due to your efforts. When I saw your billboard, it just made my heart sing – you should be very proud. Great job!!!

• Bill (Albany)
    Jun 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm

One step further to getting back to ‘American Values.’ This country is supposed to stand for Freedom. The founding fathers never invisioned the American people to allow the country to become the police state it has become. Go Freedom. Go equal marriage rights.

Matt, one of my friends shared this link today, and I thought you would find it amusing. It made me laugh. We aren’t where we need to be as far as equal rights are concerned, but we have come a long way in 50 years!

• UNHOLY
    Jun 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm

McDonald on Time Warner 9 news specifically called out Matt’s name related to support – i just heard a mention of it when i was surfing around

• Hector
    Jun 16, 2011 at 7:31 am

Great to hear!

• MiMi
    Jun 16, 2011 at 11:47 am

You rock Matt!

• Edna
    Jun 16, 2011 at 5:45 pm

What everyone else said :) xxooo!