Bombers’ new billboard.

Jun 3, 2011 35 Comments

I had this scheduled for Monday, but it’s been getting a lot of news lately.  So I guess I’ll post it now.

Thank you, Steve Barnes, for being the first person to write about the billboard.  You can read his article HERE.

You can also read another article about it on Kristi’s Blog here.

Or other articles here or here or here or here or here or here or here.

and a Fox News video HERE.

To contact Senator Roy McDonald, please call his office and tell the nice woman who answers the phone that you would like to support marriage equality.

Roy McDonald’s number is (518) 455-2381.

It takes 2 seconds.

Senator McDonald is still on the fence regarding his vote.  (insert emoticon for frustrated face)

Thanks for everyone’s support on this issue.  I sincerely appreciate it..

The Fox News video after the jump.

Comments

• Lauren
    Jun 3, 2011 at 11:14 am

Way to go! Can’t wait to see it on my drive home from work :)

• hellomolly
    Jun 3, 2011 at 11:19 am

Just want to say WAY TO GO. I love this, and though I’m no longer in the area, I’ll visit Bombers and the Biergarten twice as much from now on whenever I’m home. :)

• Debbie
    Jun 3, 2011 at 11:21 am

WOOHOO! You go Matt. You are everywhere! Good Luck!

• Nora Yates
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Love it Matt!! Good job!! If you are a CONSTITUENT of Senator McDonald’s, please call!! (Troy, Saratoga) His district map is here: http://www.nysenate.gov/district/43
    and to find out who your senator is: http://www.nysenate.gov/

• elf
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm

calling right now……way to go Matt~!

• Michael
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Matt for taking a stand for all of us! Does this mean you are “off the market”? Who’s the lucky guy that Put a ring on it(name that tune)?

• E-Liz
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Go Matt go!!! This makes me want to eat twice as many burritos. Thank you, Matt.

• Rachael
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Just sent an email to the good Senator to urge him to support marriage equality. Love the billboard.

• Kayla
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome! The next time I’m in town I’m going to make it a point to come to one of your establishments with all my friends and spend a ton of money.

• CF
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Hey Matt, I just saw a news report on this and I was honestly moved to tears. I Googled you, then came here just to thank you for taking a courageous step like this. I hope it inspires other business to take similar steps to stand up for equality!

• Marnie
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Wonderful idea! I can’t image on a personal level the frustration you all must feel not being able to legally marry but it sickens me how long of a battle this has been going on. It’s a no brainer for me as many. It’s amazing how quick straight people can marry without much thought (obviously due to divorce rate) it’s not fair at all I know several couples who have been together forever and many straight couples who are not.. I want to thank you for your passion and work you have put into this for any of my friends and possibly my children and/or future grandchildren who may wish to marry someone of the same sex someday…and by the way you looked very hot in the video (ha ha)

• Roger Green
    Jun 3, 2011 at 12:56 pm

as someone said in a TU comment, too bad you couldn’t have posted it on that ugly building.
    still, well done.

• Tammy P
    Jun 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm

LOVE the billboard and all of the coverage it’s getting. Good job, Matt!

• Sue
    Jun 3, 2011 at 1:14 pm

This is fabulous. It gives me a great reason to visit the Schenectady Bombers A LOT more!

Way to go Matt. You rock.

• Raelee
    Jun 3, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Excellent job, Matt. I hope it works!

• BC
    Jun 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thank you Matt.

• Beth
    Jun 3, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Done! I just called… thanks for making it easy for me to do

• B. J. Hart
    Jun 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm

You’re the best! You always seem to make a difference.

• Rosanne – Matt’s Mom
    Jun 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

This is just another reason to be proud of the man you have become.
    I love you.
    Mom

• Edna
    Jun 3, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Tell the great senator who is “on the fence”,who Matthew Shepard was.Sorry,not another rant from me…just :) to the billboard and I <3 what you do.

• BARV
    Jun 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

On behalf of my brother & his partner and nephew, I applaud you and thank you!! Got a big chill from #19, Way to go Matt’s Mom! =) I made my call!

• mecw
    Jun 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Your mom’s comment made me cry. Luckily, I’m an emotional eater and tonight’s menu reads: loaded nachos. Everybody wins.

• Janna
    Jun 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Way to go, Matt. Your Aunt Jan is very proud of you too! You are very courageous to take such a visible stand. You have my admiration.

• Valerie
    Jun 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Matt, I admire you as a businessperson for putting your social conscience first. This is an issue that should have been corrected long ago.

• Steves
    Jun 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Matt, The “Pineapple Activists” from Deep in the Heart of Texas ( Morris Kight Country) say well done!

• Kate
    Jun 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Thank you for taking a stand on this important issue. I hope your actions will inspire others to step up. Way to go!

• Michael
    Jun 4, 2011 at 11:56 am

What is the big deal? I believe gay people should be able to get married. Congrats Matt for being so open. You should run for political office.

• Sue
    Jun 4, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Way to go Matt for standing up for what you believe in! People – email Senator McDonald mcdonald@nysenate.gov to show your support. Heart Matt’s mom and aunt, too!

• Alan Bennett Ilagan
    Jun 5, 2011 at 12:44 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – a noble act by a noble man. Thanks for everything you do, Matt.

• Jenna
    Jun 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm

All congressmen not supporting equal rights for marriage are the new Strom Thurmond. Are they so short sited they can’t see A CHANGE IS GONNA COME? oh yes it is.

• LucyInDaSkyWithDiamonds
    Jun 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I’m very proud to know you Matt <3

• Celeste
    Jun 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm

YES!!! Well done, Matt!

• Danny
    Jun 6, 2011 at 6:57 am

I would love to know if there was a bump in business because of this. I certainly went a bought some Piggy Fries.

I know you didn’t do it for that reason, though it would only piss of the haters more (e.g. Mr. Dan)

• Pingback: Billboard urges McDonald to support 'all loving couples' :: Blogs :: PostStar.com

• JamesL
    Jun 8, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Matt
    You the Man.
    Congrats for your courage and I TOTALLY agree: gay marriage is a pure civil rights issue and New York needs to get out front on this- just as we were out front on civil rights, women’s rights and slavery.
    (Notice I said “out front.” I did not say without internal conflict. We all have some internal conflict- if we didn’t we wouldn’t be thinking. The point is, we did it.)
    And- as Mayor Bloomberg said- this isn’t about religious ideas. We don’t govern this country based on religious principals. We govern it based on humanistic ones that are based on our fundamental rights as Beings.
    So, I thank you Matt for expressing yourself freely, openly and with our rights in mind.