Craig is here!

Apr 19, 2011 16 Comments

So… I am about to hop in my car (easter bunny pun) and go pick up crEGG (another easter bunny pun) at Newark International Airport.

Craig is my buddy who I met on the worst vacation of my life, he also writes for this blog, and he just got out of prison (see photo above).

If you’re around on Wednesday night (4/20), Craig and I will be drinking beers at Wolff’s Biergarten at around 8-9pm if you’d like to stop down and meet him.

He’ll be hare til Friday (another easter bunny pun).  I can’t stop.

Aren’t I one of the bunniest people you’ve ever met?

Comments

• UNHOLY
    Apr 19, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Funny you mention prison ….because tonight you’ll be biting the pillow playing out a scene from San Quentin.

• ALB
    Apr 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Welcome to the Capital District! It’s a fun little area we live in, and Bombers
    Wolff’s are both great establishments. I may get a babysitter and will introduce myself if I can get out Friday? Enjoy yourself and take fun pictures of yourself holding the Egg (Matt can explain that one). It makes for a great shot! Allison

• Matt
    Apr 19, 2011 at 3:07 pm

holy cow, unholy. If you’ve read my previous posts, I do like biting things. I’ve never tried a pillow. I am assuming you like it?

• wowie
    Apr 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

EGGcellant post Matt….can’t wait to hear all about his time here…I’m all EARS!

• Jacky
    Apr 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm

i WILL be drinking there on wednesday night as it is my girlfriends birthday… the boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy birthday kia!!!!!

• G-Dawg
    Apr 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm

WOW, @ “UNHOLY” we should at least try to make an effort to show a little class to our friend visiting from across the pond, what will he think of us….well..! ! !, Yea, and I got class, I’m sure we here in Albany will show him a good time. TIP: (If you need to keep the noise level down, the pillow biting works well, but if not pump up the volume…! ! !) I’m just saying….! ! !

• Sarah
    Apr 19, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I am new to this blog…Why was he in prison?

• lynn b
    Apr 19, 2011 at 6:52 pm

bring him to get cheesecake! but text me first.

• Matt
    Apr 19, 2011 at 7:16 pm

@Sarah, he was caught throwing eggs at Prince Charles and what’s her face’s limo at a recent protest.

• CC
    Apr 19, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Wish I could make it there to toast his arrival. Cheers.

• Larry
    Apr 20, 2011 at 12:13 am

I can’t help but think back to an experience I had almost thirty years ago. After a night of ‘Weisrer festing at the Griffin, a light repast at Dan’s place on Madison, while he was alive and dropping ashes into each and every Emmie Burger and then a short, refreshing cat nap underneath a friends couch I stumbled [think an extra from "Dawn Of The Dead" but not one of the graceful ones] across the South Mall [old school Albany] back to my apartment. Much to my surprise and I’m sure their horror I came across a gaggle of Japanese tourists. Polite, lots of cameras, taking pictures of the Egg, bowing, some stereotypes are true. Did I mention I’m Irish.
    All I could think of seeing those people was ” what the f*ck are you doing here and how low rent a tour did you sign up for that you find yourself in Albany on a Sunday morning.”
    That brings me to Craig. He’s easy on the eyes. He lives in London. He is both smart and funny judging from his posts. What the f*ck is he doing here. If its romantic Godspeed but be prepared to do things that would make Robert Mapplethorpe blush. If he is a friend keep him drunk. Wicked, invent a holiday drunk. Some strange American tradition that you have to do shots of Jagger at 10:00 AM drunk. I love Albany and I can see why people live here but as a tourist destination, not so much. Have fun!

• G-Dawg
    Apr 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

Well, I don’t know how you do it Matt, you always manage to impress me on many levels but this time you went too far, I am guessing with your charm wit and one of your signature looks is how you have managed to convince mother nature to adjust Albany weather to resemble London……nice real nice, Now CrEGG can see Albany in all it dark dank wet cold charm….? ? ? CUL8TR

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:24 am

Welcome to the US Craig. Check out your list while you’re here. Yes, Matt, you are the bunniest!!

• Chris
    Apr 20, 2011 at 9:54 am

Mind the vortex Craig. I got as far away as Burlington and then Hartford, CT but Albany sent me a lady to lure me back and settle again. Mind the vortex, you may never leave.

• ALB
    Apr 20, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Craig
    So nice meeting you at the Bomber’s fundraiser today. I am hoping people are beyond generous while getting their burritos! I should also mention you are strinkingly handsome and welcome to visit Albany anytime. Enjoy yourself & our little spot in the world! Allison

• Wendy J.
    Apr 21, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Welcome Craig! I have really enjoyed your posts. Enjoy your time here and please come back soon as I missed you this time around.