Jonesville Country Store.

Nov 29, 2010 6 Comments

Clifton Park, 1996 (Pentax K1000 / T-Max 400)

I was surprised to see a sign on the Northway that listed “The Jonesville Store” as a food vendor off exit 10.  I thought it couldn’t possibly be the former Jonesville Country Store that had been closed for years.

When I was a kid my mother would take us for car rides on summer evenings and we’d stop at the Jonesville Country Store for ice cream bars.  I remember the inside resembling how I had imagined a saloon to appear.

I took this photograph of the Jonesville Country Store after it had been closed for several years.  I’m not sure when it reopened, but it looks like the store has its own web site and TV commercial.  Apparently there’s also a gift shop upstairs that sells necklaces and afghans, so you know it no longer resembles anything close to a saloon.

Comments

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:13 am

Was there a couple of weeks ago; kick ass breakfast and baked good items. Really cool decor inside. If you’re looking for unique items for christmas, stop in and have a snack and buy some items.

• eric the midget
    Nov 29, 2010 at 5:58 am

40 + years ago my brothers and i would walk to the country store for penny candy. It was actually a penny then.Mr. and Mrs. Noyce ran it for years. Since ,it has had many reincarnations, the latest seems very succesful. I always get nostalgic when I go by.

• Kerosena
    Nov 29, 2010 at 11:20 am

No, but the pancakes are to die for. They truly melt in your mouth and make all other pancakes taste like mouse pads.

• dgc
    Nov 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I can almost see the store from my back porch. I love it over there, and I am so glad they fixed it up and opened it.

• jared
    Nov 30, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Dont miss this place, the family that owns it are great people and the staff work ver very hard to keep the quality top notch!

• Pete
    Dec 1, 2010 at 2:46 am

You guys make me want to go back here and kill two birds with one stone. I can eat an awesome breakfast and buy my mom a cardigan for Christmas.