Celebrity bartenders tonight at Dale Miller.

Jul 26, 2010 15 Comments

Want to get sloshed on a Monday night?  Dumb question.  Who wouldn’t!?

Well you’re in luck.  Tonight at Dale Miller from 5:30-7:30, there is a fundraiser for the community services organization, Equinox Inc.

As an added bonus, local celebri-TU bloggers Steve Barnes and Kristi Gustafson will be bartending at tonight’s event.

Here is how I see this going down:

blog reader:  ”Oh my god, you’re Kristi Gustafson!  EEEEEEEEEEK!!!  I read your blog, like every day!  I love you.”

kristi:  ”Awww, thanks, you’re sweet.  Can I get you a drink?”

blog reader:  ”That would be totally awesome.  I’d love a vodka soda.”

kristi:  ”a vodka soda?  what do you mean?  like, vodka flavored Pepsi?”

“huh?  gross.  No, like vodka and soda water in a glass.  and can I have a lemon too?”

“wait.  So you want, vodka, water, and some soda in a glass?  like in a wine glass?  and you want a whole lemon??.”

“ya know.  nevermind.  I’ll just have a Jack and ginger.”

“who’s Jack and Ginger?”

“wow.  ummmm, you know what, I’ll just have a bottle of beer.  Any bottle of beer that you want to give me.  Look, they’re right there in the fridge behind you, and you can just reach in there and hand me any one you want.  I’ll open it myself with my teeth.”

I kid because Kristi’s not much of a drinker, so it should be interesting to see her bartending skills. Even if she doesn’t turn out to be the best bartender, at least she’ll look hot doing it.

Comments

• The Original Colleen
    Jul 26, 2010 at 1:17 pm

That’s what I said on the Facebook event, I said I was going to order the most complicated drink, then I said naw nevermind, a bottle opener would be fine….

• Kristi
    Jul 26, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Ohhh, Matt … this line made me laugh out loud “what do you mean? like, vodka flavored Pepsi?

• Pingback: Oh, Matt - On the Edge - Kristi Gustafson - Style Fashion Dating Blog - timesunion.com - Albany NY

• Daniel B.
    Jul 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I hear she’ll have help. And maybe, just maybe, she will discover something on the other side of the mahogany that tickles her fancy. You never know. Some of us are prisoners of hope.

• Randy
    Jul 26, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I think you should do the mixed drinks & let her pour the beer.

• Michael (@TCRPMG)
    Jul 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm

This is great! I can’t wait to watch it play out tonight. See you there!

• jaci
    Jul 26, 2010 at 2:56 pm

That was a literal “lol” for sure.

KG, I think I’m just going to order “something pink” tonight and see what you come up with!

• The Original Goose
    Jul 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Colleen, thanks for the refresher…I almost forgot what you said on the Facebook event page.

I wish I could make it tonight, hopefully Jaci and Amanda enjoy a something-tini for me.

• lealorali
    Jul 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Just slip Kristi a lil vodka-Xanie bar concoction a la Matt,she’ll have a great night!!

• Amanda Talar
    Jul 26, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Colleen — were you there tonight? If so, I wish we met!

KG did great. But…I ordered wine, so….

• Smart Alec
    Jul 26, 2010 at 11:29 pm

#4 – Daniel B. – You are sooooooo out of the loop. Kristi got engaged a couple weeks ago and has already booked/picked the date, place, photographer, DJ and at least one attendant. Quite possibly the florist, caterer and dress, too, for all I know.

• jaci
    Jul 27, 2010 at 7:09 am

Kristi Gustafson, champion (and generous!!!) wine and beer pouring extraordinare!!! I think she did great!

• Kristi
    Jul 27, 2010 at 8:13 am

jaci, I think I was a little too generous in my pouring. I got scolded by one of the “real” bartenders (gently, of course) part way through the night!

• Pingback: Over-pouring, too much head and spot-hugging - On the Edge - Kristi Gustafson - Style Fashion Dating Blog - timesunion.com - Albany NY

• The Original Colleen
    Jul 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

@Amanda – no at the last minute I had to go to another event, yes, I hope to meet you someday too.